Ghost Dyes™ and Cell Viability Reagents Don't let dead cells haunt your Flow Cytometry data Tonbo's Ghost Dyes™ & Cell Viability Reagents allow for clear live vs. dead cell discrimination for more precise flow cytometry analysis, and are especially useful for intracellular staining protocols. Ghost Dyes™ bind irreversibly to amine groups and are resistant to subsequent washing, fixation and permeabilization. Dead cells with compromised membranes allow Ghost Dyes™ to permeate and bind amine groups of intracellular proteins resulting in fluorescence much brighter than live cells which are impermeant to Ghost Dyes™
Choose from among the following Ghost Dyes™ and Cell Viability Dyes:
|Product Name||Excitation Laser||Emission (nm)||Size||Cat. No.||Price|
|Ghost Dye™ UV 450||355||405||100 tests||13-0868-T100||$44|
|Ghost Dye™ UV 450||355||405||500 tests||13-0868-T500||$170|
|Ghost Dye™ Violet 450||405||450||100 tests||13-0863-T100||$44|
|Ghost Dye™ Violet 450||405||450||500 tests||13-0863-T500||$170|
|Ghost Dye™ Violet 510||405||510||100 tests||13-0870-T100||$44|
|Ghost Dye™ Violet 510||405||510||500 tests||13-0870-T500||$170|
|Ghost Dye™ Violet 540||405||537||100 tests||13-0879-T100||$44|
|Ghost Dye™ Violet 540||405||537||500 tests||13-0879-T500||$170|
|Ghost Dye™ Red 710||633||710||100 tests||13-0871-T100||$44|
|Ghost Dye™ Red 710||633||710||500 tests||13-0871-T500||$170|
|Ghost Dye™ Red 780||633||780||100 tests||13-0865-T100||$44|
|Ghost Dye™ Red 780||633||780||500 tests||13-0865-T500||$170|
|Propidium Iodide||488, 532, 561||617||200 tests||13-6990-T200||$29|
|Propidium Iodide||488, 532, 561||617||500 tests||13-6990-T500||$57|
|7-AAD||488, 532, 561||647||200 tests||13-6993-T200||$17|
|7-AAD||488, 532, 561||647||500 tests||13-6993-T500||$35|
Ghost Dyes™ Protocol
Other Materials Required
- 1X PBS (azide-free, protein/serum-free)
- Flow Cytometry Staining Buffer (Stain Buffer) (1X PBS with 2% FBS, 0.09% Na-Azide)
- Remove Ghost Dye vial from freezer and allow to equilibrate to room temperature.
- Quick spin Ghost Dye vial before opening.
- Prepare azide- and protein/serum-free 1X PBS for labeling procedure.
- Wash cells twice in 1-2 mL azide- and protein/serum-free 1X PBS. Spin at 300-400 x g for 5 minutes at room temperature and decant supernatant.
- Resuspend cells to a concentration of 1-10 x 106/mL in azide- and protein/serum-free 1X PBS.
- Add 1 uL of Ghost Dye solution for each 1 mL of cell suspension and vortex immediately. Note: Ghost Dyes are formulated in DMSO, pipet carefully and slowly.
- Incubate for 30 minutes at 2-8°C protected from light.
- Wash cells 1-2 times with 1-2 mL Stain Buffer. Washing with a protein containing buffer allows removal of any unreacted dye prior to staining with fluorescent antibodies.
- Cells can be subsequently stained, fixed and permeabilized according to user protocol.
Note: Cells labeled with Ghost Dyes can be cryopreserved for later use or used in intracellular staining protocols without any loss of fluorescence intensity.Download